Thank you for your interest in joining our organisation. There are many reasons to choose The Two Counties Trust as a great place to start or continue your career. We recognise the importance of a happy, healthy, rewarded and well motivated workforce and as such we have developed our HR strategy to invest in our employees. Our current vacancies can be found below and we would be delighted to hear from candidates who share our values and want to join a team of dedicated professionals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Please note that any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check and successful completion of vetting procedures.
It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We understand that benefits as well as pay are an important part of your remuneration package, and the range of benefits that are accessible to you as an employee of The Two Counties Trust is extensive:
- For your health and welfare, we offer discounted gym membership to over 3,400 health clubs.
- Our Dental and Health Care plans offer you a range of benefits, including worldwide dental cover, optical care, diagnostic consultation and therapy, plus a voluntary Private Medical Insurance scheme.
- We also recognise that balancing everyday life and work can sometimes create pressures and to support you we provide access to an enhanced
- Employee Assistance Programme from day 1 of your employment to help you and your family manage events and issues, giving access to confidential advice on health, family, money matters, work and much more.
- We offer great personal car leasing deals through our affinity scheme with Arnold Clark.
- Extensive savings on retail can also be made through our Salary Extras
- Lifestyle scheme, enabling your pay to go that little bit further. This scheme saves you money on everyday essentials, travel, gifts, fashion, going out and electronics providing you with access to a range of offers and discounts which are not available on the high street.
- These benefits run alongside other elements of our total reward package, including access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government
- Pension Scheme (depending on your role), enhanced family friendly leave and pay arrangements, free car parking, a cycle to work scheme, the opportunity to request flexible working and a not forgetting a friendly, supportive working environment.
We are fully committed to supporting your career and personal development through a range of routes both within schools and across the Trust and we offer extensive CPD for both teaching and support staff.
ECTs will benefit from professional support to facilitate the successful completion of the induction period and prepare you well for your future career. Aspiring managers can progress onto one of our leadership programmes, or practitioners can join our Lead Practitioners Course. We also make full use of a range of other CPD opportunities for example online learning, in-school training and a range of courses including apprenticeships.
As well as offering first-rate professional development opportunities, many of our pay rates for teachers and leadership roles are above the national pay scales, and for support staff, we use the NJC scale, which has a starting salary in excess of the National Living Wage.
To give you a flavour of what it’s like to work for us, these are just a few of the things that our employees said when we asked them to name one thing they really like about working for us:
- I love being respected as a reflective professional who can be trusted to teach pupils and get them from A to B.
- That people care about me both personally and professionally.
- The way I am allowed to develop as a practitioner whilst supporting the development of my peers.
- Being trusted to teach without excessive scrutiny.
- Love the ethic of work/life balance here with the marking policy etc being modern and reflective of a healthy work/life balance.
- The whole school feels like a team, it’s not just faculties or year groups or inclusion staff or middle leaders but we ALL work together and contribute to children’s well-being every day.
- I love my school, there are so many fantastic staff and pupils and I think we are treated incredibly generously.
- We have more free time to plan and mark than any other teaching staff I know at other schools and we are up to date with things such as modern marking policies.
- Senior leadership are fair and consistent in their messages, I do not feel I’m ever asked to do something I’m not happy to do and I’m offered lots of opportunities to further myself and am supported in any issues with pupils